Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Object Lesson: Don't Kill the Messenger
(*Besides, I hear this web dude over at MilwaukeeBMX.com already has a cracked rib.*)

Yeah, so, we've made calls to a few of you ... and heard from a few others who were bummed not to be able to make the season ending party this Sunday ... so, we made the call today to call it off.

We'll re-schedule ... with a venue and date to be determined.

We'll also request RSVP's (meaning, you tell us if you are planning to attend ... and, I'm not trying to talk down to anyone here ... but, figuring that I probably would have thought RSVP was a band, or, some sort of threat, when I was 14). So yeah ... look for details coming shortly ... hopefully we'll have something more to report on early next week.

As always ... keep the faith ... and we appreciate your patience with us.

Walworth Indoor
It was good to see a bunch of our regulars doing battle out there this past weekend ... and, I wish I could do a better job of giving updates on how our locals fared. But, after bailing hard in practice (later diagnosed with a cracked rib) and having my own little guy to shag around, I was simultaneously too sore (er, self absorbed, eh?) and busy to keep track of much else. Speaking of the wreck, I got word that Shane McNallie was involved in that crash ... and, I just want to communicate that I'm sorry about that. I'm pretty confident it was my shabby riding that led up to the wreck ... and, believe me ... I've been in your shoes ... somebody goes down in front of you and there's nowhere to go, nothing you can do. I just hope you are feeling okay.

I did really enjoy watching Curt Zizzo's young son Justin finishing 4th in the 5 and under novice class ... and, I'm pretty sure he's only 3 !!! He was all smiles and high fives at the finish line. It's pretty clear that the apple didn't fall very far from the tree in the house of DC. Great stuff.

Looking forward to heading back down this weekend for the Saturday evening single point / Sunday double point racing weekend for sure.

Kevin O'

No comments: