Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fond du Lac BMX video

Delivered as promised -- check out the video above of Sammy Rupp, Raymond "RJ" Eckert and, I believe Rachael Rankins going around the Fond du Lac track during the Redline Cup Qualifier race back in late July. Again, Fondy will be running this weekend if you've (or your kids) still have a racing itch that needs to be scratched. You can learn more about the Fond du Lac BMX club, and their remaining schedule of races by clicking on THIS LINK

Weather permitting -- Dane and I will certainly be there -- dudded out in our red and black Milwaukee BMX gear. Stop by and say hi if you do come up.

Milwaukee BMX Jerseys

Speaking of Milwaukee BMX gear, yeah, so my friends at Fly Racing sure know how to push my buttons. I'm just a sucker for closeouts ... and, sure enough, the jersey style that we used for the Milwaukee BMX jerseys earlier this year is on sale. I ordered 40 more in a variety of sizes today ... that should be here early next week ... then another couple days to the screen printer ... and, maybe, if we're lucky ... we'll have them for sale at our September 29th race. As was the case previously -- they'll be $20 each ($1.95 less than the suggested retail) -- and, part of the proceeds will benefit Milwaukee BMX. Cool.

Next Milwaukee BMX Race - Saturday September 29th.

Yes, I did work on the track a bit this past weekend ... pulling weeds and filling cracks mainly. The track is still in good shape overall ... and with a little TLC on the hill, will likely ride as well as it has all season. We're looking forward to the 29th.

Farmer Vic

See, now if you recognize that name, it's safe to call yourself an "old schooler". Farmer Vic came up in a conversation with my BMX buddy Jim Morey last night. Morey asked if I could imagine what things would have been like if I was heading up this website in the days of the old Ranch BMX track in Menomonee Falls. My reply was a respectful -- that would have been just awful -- mostly because, between 1980 and about 1984, the Ranch routinely pulled 40+ motos for its weekly events ... and, that's a heckuva lot of results to post each week.

Still, it's not hard for me to imagine moto counts at Milwaukee BMX in the high teens and low twenties next summer -- and, hey -- the more the merrier. Viva la BMX !!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, Kev, not Rachael, but she did do well that weekend. Thanks anyway! Keep up the great posts! See you on the 29th.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin, I have some video of Jonah and I racing from I believe the first Saturday race at Milwaukee. Let me know if you want it.

-Karl AKA Capt. Nemo.

Kevin O' said...

Karl,

For sure I'd post that up ... Jonah would probably be pretty stoked, doncha' think?

Couple ways you could get me the video ... if it's already loaded up to YouTube or something like that, I can download it from there ... or, if you bring a disc with the video files (prefer .wmv or .mpeg format) to the race on the 29th ... I'll be happy to post 'em up.

Holler back.

KO

Anonymous said...

I'm uploading the video to photobucket now. I can put it on youtube also if that's easier. LMK.

Jonah would be SO stoked. It was his FIRST win ever and since.

-Karl.

Anonymous said...

Kevin,

I have the video uploaded on youtube and photobucket. Let me know what works best for you.

I know Jonah WILL be stoked since it's his ONLY win to date.

-Karl.

Kevin O' said...

Karl,

Please send the link for the file to me at kevin.odonnell@zastudios.com and I'll try and post it up Monday.

Thanks!

Kevin O'

Anonymous said...

Is this like a party on the 29th where we can all bring a dish to pass or something? I had heard that but wanted to make sure.